[Sosfbay-discuss] New Proposal: Primarily Promote Locals & keep our General Meeting date 1st Thursday

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 21:41:44 PDT 2007

Proposal:

Instead of trying to shift the General Meeting date to try to
incorporate all the Key GP Activists (as I'd proposed before), instead
keep the General Meeting on the 1st Thursday and put more emphasis on
the Locals meeting at times that allow THEIR particular Key GP
Activists to participate.

Explanation:

>From what we've learned so far from our conversation about when our
core activists are free, we've seen that any date so far suggested will
exclude one or more key activists.

Originally my inspiration was to find a way to include Carol Brouillet
and Brian Good.  However the only date we've found that would work for
them and for most others is the 2nd Thursday, but that didn't work for
Warner who has an important neighborhood meeting on that date.

So at first I was feeling frustrated by not succeeding in finding a
mutually agreeable time, but then something else occurred to me - since
we are not trying to focus our primary energy on getting people to the
General Meeting but rather to the Local meetings, why not encourage the
North Valley Local to meet on the 2nd Thursday when Carol and Brian can
participate and trust that one or more of the many other No. Valley
activists would represent the interests of that local to the General
Meeting?

By the same token each of the locals can pick dates that are best for
their own members.  Since to begin with that will be a smaller set of
people to try to coordinate and since we really want our Locals to be
our primary focus, and since for ultimate success it is our Locals that
will become our Campaign arms, and since we Greens maintain the Key
Values of Grassroots Democracy and Decentralization, I think should
work much better.

Feedback?

Organize, Energize, Coalize!

Drew

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC