[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: [GPCA Official Notice] Alternate Agenda, San Francisco Plenary (May26-27, 2007)]

Jim Stauffer jims at greens.org
Sun Apr 29 23:19:29 PDT 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [GPCA Official Notice] Alternate Agenda,San Francisco Plenary
(May26-27, 2007)
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 23:12:18 -0700
From: County Contacts <contacts2006 at cagreens.org>
To: County Contacts <Contacts2006 at cagreens.org>

GREEN PARTY COUNTY CONTACTS MESSAGE

This is an announcement from the GPCA Contact List.  For more information,
or questions related to the topic of the posting, please do not hit reply.
Follow the contact directions
stated in the email.

As most of you know, the GPCA Coordinating Committee (CC) has been
paralyzed relative to decision-making for over a year.

A CC vote led to the formation of an ad-hoc Agenda Committee empowered
to present an Agenda for CC approval and for ultimate General Assembly
approval at the May 26-27, 2007 Plenary in San Francisco.  Subsequently,
the ad hoc Agenda Committee produced a draft Agenda distributed to the
Co-Cos email list that did not include proposals that were submitted in
a timely manner and that lacked balance, especially regarding the CC
delegate situation relative to Los Angeles.  Because of these
objections, the Agenda Committee had an expanded telephone conference on
April 12 at which, by a disputed 3-0 vote, another ad hoc committee was
permitted to submit an alternative agenda for CC approval.  The
following April 16 CC meeting ended in no consensus on either Agenda.

The alternative Agenda can be found at::

http://cagreens.org/plenary/preview/

You will need the standard GPCA username and password to enter the site
(if you do not know them, please ask a County Councilmember).  To read
proposals in full, please click on the links.  A fully updated,
printable version is being produced, and we will let you know when it's
ready for download.

(PLEASE NOTE:  A Logistics Packet, with details on transportation,
directions and lodging, is also being produced, and we will let you know
when it is ready for download.)

We ask all County Locals, Co-Cos, CC members, and Agenda Committee
members to sign on if you support the alternate agenda for the May
26-27, 2007 Plenary in San Francisco.  Please send your input to
agenda-team at cagreens.org .

SIGNERS:

Warner Bloomberg (Co-Co, CCWG)
Michael Borenstein (Co-Co, GROW)
Jo Chamberlain (Co-Co, ERWG)
Bob Vizzard (Co-Co, ERWG)
Sharon Peterson (Co-Co, CC)
Shane Que Hee (Co-Co Platform)
Jim Stauffer (Co-Co, IT)
Mike Wyman (Agenda Comm volunteer)
Chuck Giese (CC rep, East Bay; Candidate for Agenda Comm since Dec. 14)
Tim Smith (Agenda Comm member)
Jared Laiti (CC rep)
Larry Mullen (CC rep)
Craig Peterson (CC alternate rep)