[Sosfbay-discuss] GPSC Co Council Meeting 7-29-07 Minutes

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 23:17:45 PDT 2007

Oh and I forgot to add that it the participants were
Merriam Kathaleen, Gerry Gras, Jim Doyle and Drew
Johnson.  Kaisha Torres would have come but was ill
with the flu.

Green is Nurturing!

Drew

--- JamBoi <jamboi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> GPSC Co Council Meeting 7-29-07
>
> Notes: Drew
>
> TABLING
> "Tapestry in Talent" Event Sept. 1,2,3
>
> What is our booth Number?   Merriam will check.
> Tabling coord. ?  Split up..
> + Scheduling - Gerry???
> + Phoning for event: Jim, Drew
> + Literature coord.: Merriam
> + Literature ordering: Jim
> + Button Making machine (does Tian have it?):
> Merriam
> + Button artwork: Merriam
>
> Other Tabling:
> + SF Mime troup in PA, Mitchell Park
> Middlefield/Charleston Aug 5th and 30th, Tian,
> + Santa Theresa Community Festival  2nd or 3rd
> weekend?
> + Campbell Farmer’s Market Wed - Impeach?
> + Impeachment Rally in PA?
> + Canopy replacement?
>
> + Affirmation for Merriam to get cartridges. Consent
> calender
>
> IMPEACHMENT CAMPAIGNING
> + Impeach Center opening, Sat. Aug 4th.
> - work day, prep post cards, lit., buttons,
> - bike 4 impeachment carravan like the one that Bob
> and others did for   Tian’s campaign.  Take off from
> the Impeach center.  MLK, City Hall, County
> building,
> McKinley statue.  San Jose Jazz Festival.
> - impeach banners and signs
> - Mock Trial event.
> - Stop Fed. government - ex. from Gerry from Nixon
> era
> “if they won’t stop the war, we’ll stop the
> government”.
> - civil disobedience
> * - Sign Cheney impeachment petition
> - groups to speak to
> Declare Kickoff of Impeachment Season .  Consent
> calender
> - hold Grand opening of Impeachment Center Jim
> Bealle
> Kris Cantu, video production
> + Talk to civic groups:
> -Soroptimists.
> - Humanists Community of Palo Alto, Humanists.org -
> DeLa Vega
> Impeachment calender
>
> CAMPAIGNS AND CANDIDATES
> + Oct. CampaignTraining event in SCC
> + CCWG Aug 25th
>
> Potential candidates for fall:
> Debbie Mytels, PA City Council: (Drew talk to Dana)
> Don Havis, San Mateo School Board
> Sanda Everett, San Mateo
>
> + Community Calendering function, Kai Schwandes
> CMS, Drupal
>
> + Special Election, Tues Aug. 21st
> Daniel Brezenoff - 20 min. Youtube video
> road trip: Car pool?  precinct walking, Phone
> banking
>
> County Council Recruiting: Agenda
> Deadline
>
> PEACE CENTER MONTHLY MOVIE
> July: An Unreasonable Man (about Ralph Nader’s life)
> Well attended 30+ people. Lots of new people,
> Valerie,
> Kaisha, great discussion.
> Valerie Face, Santa Clara
>
> LOCALS
> + East Valley Local Aug 7th - Iliad
> [...]

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Leading Green Parties' Blogger
http://greencommons.org
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC