[Sosfbay-discuss] Livermore August 6th - Hiroshima Memorial

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 17:23:20 PDT 2007

Tian and all, below's the details on the protest
Memorial tommorrow at Livermore:

--- Tian Harter <tnharter at aceweb.com> wrote:

> What's in Livermore tommorw? What time are you
> leaving?
>
> Carol Brouillet wrote:
> > I plan to go to Livermore Monday morning, anyone
> else going and want
> > to carpool?
> >
> > Carol Brouillet
> > 650-857-0927
> > http://www.communitycurrency.org

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2007/08/03/18438608.php

August 6th Hiroshima Memorial in Livermore

Fri Aug 3 2007 (Updated 08/04/07) Hiroshima Memorial
At LLNL
60th Anniversaries of Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and
Nagasaki to Be Marked in US On Monday August 6th,
there will be a memorial ceremony and nonviolent
direct action at the Livermore Nuclear Weapons Lab,
marking the 62nd anniversary of the U.S. atomic
bombing of Hiroshima. The commemoration will culminate
with an air raid siren and a moment of silence and
reflection at 8:15 AM, the exact time of day the first
atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima. An "open mike"
rally and nonviolent direct action at the Livermore
Lab West Gate entrance will follow. Participants
should gather near the West Gate of the Livermore
Nuclear Weapons Lab, on Vasco Road in Livermore,
California. Driving directions: Take I-580, exit south
at Vasco Road. The West Gate is approximately 0.3 mile
south of the intersection with Patterson Pass Road.

The Livermore Lab action is among dozens of
Hiroshima-Nagasaki commemorations, rallies, film
screenings, and vigils being held around the country
at nuclear facilities and corporate war profiteers
under the umbrella, "No Nukes! No Wars! No
Profiteers!" and coordinated by United for Peace and
Justice, the largest anti-war coalition in the
country.

Livermore Lab, managed by the University of California
and a consortium of corporations, including Bechtel,
is one of two labs that have designed every nuclear
weapon in the U.S. stockpile. At present, Livermore
Lab is developing a new "replacement" warhead,
designed to be launched from submarines, designated as
the "Reliable Replacement Warhead-1." The RRW-1 is the
first new H-bomb in the Bush Administration "Complex
2030" plan, to re-design and rebuild every nuclear
weapon in the U.S. arsenal.

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Leading Green Parties' Blogger
http://greencommons.org
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC