[Sosfbay-discuss] Meeting Notes by Fred D.

Fred Duperrault fredd at freeshell.org
Mon Aug 6 23:47:42 PDT 2007

Here are the notes I took during the GPSCC meeting last Thursday, Aug 2nd.:

Warner Bloomberg volunteered to serve as the Facilitator  All were
appreciative.

Interim Treasurer Cameron Spitzer reported that the balance of funds in
the Treasury amounted to $1,371.00, before the donations received at a
recent tabling were to be added.

Tabling opportunities discussed were:

 > The S.F. Mime group is scheduled perform in San Jose on August 5  -
setting up at  4 pm and starting at 5 pm.

 > The Annual San Jose Tapestry Festival  will take place on September
1, 2 and 3.  This year there will admission fees charged.

 > The Mountain View annual Art and Wine Festival will be held on
September 8 and 9, on Castro Street and on some of the cross streets.
The assigned "Free Speech" area free 6ft. X 6ft tabling spaces are
usually located on the south end of Castro Street, just north of El
Camino Real. Setting up time starts at 8:30 am.   The overnight security
of the tents, furniture and materials is the responsibility of the
participating displayers.
(An application form for the GPSCC  was submitted to the Mountain View
Chamber of Commerce today, August 6.)

A sign up sheet for tabling volunteers was circulated at the meeting.
(Anyone wanting to serve at either of the three tabling events, please
contact Merriam Kathleen  at 406-462-6032 or mkmusic03 at aol.com. )

Regarding the new GPSCC Locals being formed:  + The North Santa Clara
Local will convene on the Third Thursday of each month.  Meeting
location TBA;
+ The East Valley Local will convene its first meeting on Thursday,
August 7 (Starting at 7 pm) .  The meeting venue will be the San Jose
Peace Center on 7th Street between Santa Clara Ave./St. and San Fernando
Ave./St.

The above are notes were taken before 8:45 pm on August 2nd.

That's all, folks,

Fred D.