[Sosfbay-discuss] We need help for Fri Aug. 31 Green Party movie at San Jose Peace Center

Merriam Kathaleen mkmusic at greens.org
Wed Aug 29 02:47:41 PDT 2007

*Hi All,

We need more people to help with our Green Party Movie night at the San
Jose Peace Center on Friday Aug. 31.  We had an excellent turnout at our
movie night last month.  We had about 35 people show up.
*

*Cameron is the only person who has said he'll be there.  Who else will
be there to help?
*

*We need people to:
*

*    1. Setup the chairs (6:15pm)*

*    2.  Bring refreshments
    3.  Facilitate the discussion after the movie
    4.  Cleanup after the movie
*

* Friday Aug. 31 is our next Green Party movie at the San Jose Peace
Center, 48 S. 7th St., San Jose.  We are showing "American Blackout."
*

American Blackout chronicles the recurring patterns of voter
disenfranchisement from Florida 2000 to Ohio 2004 while following the
story of Georgia Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney. Mckinney not only took
an active role investigating these election debacles, but has found
herself in the middle of her own after publicly questioning the Bush
Administration about the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Co-sponsored by Green
Party of Santa Clara County. Donation: $5 - $10, no one turned away.

The movie starts at 7:00pm and we will need to set up the room and the
refreshment table by 6:15pm.  Last month we took in $62.00 in donations.

* Please contact me at mkmuusic at greens.org to let me know if you can
help out.

Thanks,
Merriam*