[Sosfbay-discuss] open letter to members from the Jared Ball campaign

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Fri Dec 7 02:57:01 PST 2007

Fw: an open letter to greens from the Jared Ball Campaign
"Anita Rios" rhannon at toast.net
Thu Dec 6 14:45:00 EST 2007

Please forward widely to all Green Party state and local lists.
An open letter to all Green Party members from
the Jared Ball campaign.

Dear Fellow Greens,

We embarked on this campaign which put forward
Jared Ball, an African American college professor
who was born in Washington D.C. and is a Desert
Storm veteran, for the Green Party's Presidential
nomination as an organizing effort to bring in
new constituencies to the Green Party. It is our
goal to create through the Green Party a
political movement that extends across race and
class to provide a political voice for the
diverse “True American Majority.”

We welcome all other Green Presidential
candidates to partner with us in our efforts to
grow the Green Party. The 2008 campaign season is
our opportunity to show this country the many
faces of the Green Party and the vibrant array of
ideas that we bring to the table of determining
Americas role in solving the problems of: mass
incarceration, world hunger, global warming,
quality accessible health care and education, and
the creation of just equitable humane economic
systems. As candidates working together we will
raise the profile of our campaigns and assure
that we have candidates on the ballot in all 51
states. We invite other Green Party candidates
for president to join us in planning joint events
with local candidates and activists who are
working on anti-war or social justice issues.
Together we will create a groundswell of interest
in the Green Party and will show the mainstream
candidates for the do nothing corporate shills
that they are.

In addition we call out to all Greens asking you
to come on board to help your Green Party
Presidential candidates get out the word to all
Green Party members and beyond. We and all the
presidential campaigns need your help to assure
that Greens and potential new Greens are well
informed about their choices before deciding
which candidate to support. We offer this
campaign as an outreach tool, in particular as an
outreach tool to Black and Latino communities and
need the help of volunteers in each state to make
this effort a success. Together we can grow the
Green Party and assure that we come out of the
2008 election cycle stronger and better organized
than we go into it.

Jared Ball, with DC-based artist and co-campaign
manager Head-Roc and their “Capitol Resistance”
campaign tour speaking truth to power while
upsetting the set up is asking for your support
and assistance in bringing us to your area.
Schedules are tight and resources limited so lets
get creative and pool our efforts to do regional
events. If you would like to plan a Jared Ball
“Capitol Resistance” event in your area please
contact contact us.

Sincerely,

Head-Roc, Co-campaign Manager/Cultural Outreach
Coordinator  headroc at jaredball.com

Anita Rios, Senior Campaign Manager
rhannon at toast.net 419-243-8772

To volunteer contact our volunteer coordinator
Nora Gaines at: nora at jaredball.com
Check out our website at:
http://www.jaredball.com,
To make a donation: