[Sosfbay-discuss] UN Climate Change Conference-Feinstein on finalnegotiations

Andrea Dorey andid at cagreens.org
Wed Dec 19 13:24:44 PST 2007

A few facts that the gas and American car companies don't want you to
know:

Washington, D.C. is trying to hold in check California's Air
Resources Board (CARB) in order to stop the do-it-now Plug-In
movement picking up steam in California.

Note that Plug-In Priuses are HERE and driving happily right NOW on
California freeways wearing "100 mpg+" painted on their doors (two of
them have been driving daily for more than two years!).  These stock
production cars from Toyota were easily made plug-in and could run 40
miles or more on ELECTRIC POWER ONLY.

There's at least two different systems that I know of that were
proposed and tested to make any Prius a plug-in car and at least one
of the protocols has been offered to Toyota engineers.  Their answer:
screw around with a new Prius and you can lose your warranty on the car.

('Google' EAA-EV or CalCars or Plug in America, among many other
sources for more info on plug-ins and electrics.)

The only hold-up for the Prius Plug-In is Toyota, claiming that the
batteries aren't good enough yet, the plug-in system hasn't been
tested yet, blah, blah, blah.

Don't let them get away with these outright lies, and the wedge issue
of fuel cells which make what is basically an electric car less
powerful and less efficient by adding another unnecessary energy
source, be it hydrogen, gas, biofuels, etc.  (The fuel cell issue was
used by the car companies at CARB to stop the zero emissions
standards in California and to rip the zippy, quiet little electric
cars from the hands of their drivers.)

BTW, IMHO the use of biofuels is particularly evil as it will raise
the cost of corn, soy, and other foodstuffs for the poor.

Why are they doing this to stop electrics and plug-ins?  Think energy-
(gas)-station delivery system.  The necessary umbilical cord they
need to keep you connected for their constant profits.  If you can
plug in your car into your house wiring during the night while you
sleep...

Oh, and of course, if the only maintenance needed is batteries, wiper
blades, and tires...

Did you know that most of the all-electric RAV-4s have hit over
100,000 miles (a few are at almost 150,000 miles) without any
batteries being changed yet???

Andrea