[Sosfbay-discuss] Nader leaves '08 door open, slams Hillary Clinton

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 17:46:49 PST 2007

My $.02= Nader will hurt the Green Party's candidate if he runs again.
We can be quite sure he won't get our nomination (after all in all
likelihood he wouldn't want it anyway), so he'll be direct competition.
 It will be a bummer to have to criticize the Nadermeister.  :-(  but I
guess we're all about competition, and we'll have plenty of that this
year.  I love Nader's points and rhetoric and we can certainly
appropriate that freely. :-)  One of his quotes this last weekend
called the Republicrats duopoly arrangement of controlling our
government "the elected Dictatorship". Nice!!!  Say hmm... wasn't
Hitler elected? ....

Green solidarity!

Drew

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyID=2007-02-04T190207Z_01_N04353722_RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-POLITICS-NADER.xml&WTmodLoc=USNewsHome_C2_domesticNews-1

Nader leaves '08 door open, slams Hillary Clinton
Sun Feb 4, 2007 2:02pm ET19

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former presidential candidate Ralph Nader on
Sunday left the door open for another possible White House bid in 2008
and criticized Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton as "a panderer
and a flatterer."

Asked on CNN's Late Edition news program if he would run in 2008, the
lawyer and consumer activist said, "It's really too early to say. ...
I'll consider it later in the year."

Nader said he did not plan to vote for Clinton, a Democratic senator
from New York and former first lady.

"I don't think she has the fortitude. Actually she's really a panderer
and a flatterer. As she goes around the country, you'll see more of
that," Nader said.

On whether he would be encouraged to run if Clinton gets the Democratic
nomination, Nader said, "It would make it more important that that be
the case."

Democratic candidates he likes include former Alaska Sen. Mike Gravel
and Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich, he said.

Nader ran for president as an independent in 2004 and as the Green
Party candidate in 2000, when some Democrats said he siphoned away
votes from former Democratic Vice President Al Gore, helping Republican
George W. Bush to win.

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com