[Sosfbay-discuss] Green Party County Council Meeting this Sunday Feb 25th 3-6:30p @ Jim Doyle's house

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 10:17:33 PST 2007

This Sunday, Feb 25th, from 3:30 to 6 pm at Jim Doyle's house there
will be a Green Party of Santa Clara County, County Council Meeting
which all are free to join and observe.  Here's Jim Doyle's address:

For any who don't know, the County Council is the Green Party
equivalent of the 'Central Committee' and the County County (CC) is
legally responsible for carrying on the business of the Party in this
county.  Current members are Jim Doyle, Gerry Gras and myself, Drew
Johnson.  We are specifically looking to bring the CC up to its full 7
member strength as rapidly as is managable and are looking for input
and nominations especially for females and people of color as right now
we have only us 3 white males. :-)

These items are not necessarily in the final order we'll tackle them
in.  If you have additional items or proposals for consideration please
send them to the sosfbay-discuss at cagreens.org e-mail list ASAP.

Organize, Energize, Coalize!

Drew

Here's what we've got so far:

+ Bylaws Review
http://cagreens.org/sclara/bylaws.shtml

+ Bringing the CC up to full strength.  Merriam Kathaleen is ready and
qualified.

Talking about other female CC nominee possibilities (I'll send a
separate note about this). Also I propose adding Tim Alvarado - with
the definite intention of connection to the Latino community.

 Setting up 5 Locals:
+ North Valley: PA, MV, LA, LAH,
+ East Valley: Milpitas and SJ from East of 87 and So. to Bernal
+ West Valley: W. SJ, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara
+ Mid Valley:  Campbell, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga,
+ South Valley: So. of Bernal, So. SJ, Morgan Hill, San Martin and
Gilroy

Event for next month: Impeachment talk w/ Elizabeth De La Vega?

Getting our newly created committees operating.
  + Events planning.
  + Health Care.
         Note: Health Care can include Veteran's affairs.  Drew to
report on meeting w/
          McNerney.
  + Strategic Planning.

+ Thinking ahead about candidates and campaigns.
  + Running at least one candidate each against Honda, Lofgren & Eshoo.
  + Nonpartisan races

+ The Los Gatos logging controversy and do we have a role to play?

+ Report on how (mostly Green Party led) Silicon Valley Impeachment
Committee is going great: 60 people at the Peter Phillips event!!!

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com