[Sosfbay-discuss] Sunnyvale's Boards and Commissions (was Re: IRV and San Jose Elections & other openings)

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 07:44:59 PST 2007

Re: Sunnyvale's Boards and Commissions

I submitted an application in the last round in November (thankyou Pat
Meyer who notified me of the openings) but was not chosen (and the nice
part about this is that there was actually competition for all the
openings and no one had a shoe in).  My app is still on file so I'm
automatically in line for consideration for the May openings.

http://sunnyvale.ca.gov/City+Council/Boards+and+Commissions/openings.htm

SUNNYVALE CALL FOR BOARD AND COMMISSION APPLICATIONS
Now Accepting Applications

The City of Sunnyvale accepts applications for all boards and
commissions on a continuous basis.

Current vacancies exist on the following boards and commissions and
application deadline is May 11, 2007:
Arts Commission
Board of Building Code Appeals
Board of Library Trustees
Child Care Advisory Board - (Community College Affiliation)
Heritage Preservation Commission
Housing and Human Services Commission
Parks and Recreation Commission
Personnel Board -(1 Employee Nominated  Seat, 1 Council Nominated Seat)
Planning Commission
An Informational Meeting regarding the application process and duties
of serving on a board or commission will be held on April 30, 2007 at
City Hall in the West Conference Room at 6 p.m..

Interviews will occur in May/June 2007

For more information and to request an application, please contact the
City Clerk’s Office at (408) 730-7595 or by email at
jclark at ci.sunnyvale.ca.us, TDD (408) 730-7501.

<http://www.sanjoseca.gov/clerk/CommissionBoard/Election/ECVacnacy.pdf>

> (pdf file)   The date for applying has been extended to March 2.  Is
> this a sign that they are not finding enough applicants?   This would
> be
> a great opportunity for a Green to step forward and to start to
> implement IRV in San Jose.
>
> These are just 2 of 17 openings on various city commissions in San
> Jose.. as you can read on their web site
> <http://www.sanjoseca.gov/clerk/Vacancy.asp>.
>
> The City of Sunnyvale has a list of openings on 9 commission  for
> which
> they have posted an announcement

<http://sunnyvale.ca.gov/City+Council/Boards+and+Commissions/openings.htm>.

> I have started to focus on influencing planning commissions.
> Sunnyvale
> had openings on the planning commission and a special Board of
> Building
> Code Appeals.
>
> The City of Morgan Hill will have openings for 4 members on the
> planning
> commission in June, 2007.  I am actively searching for someone to
> take
> part here.  I have heard that all 4 members will attempt to retain
> their
> position, but it is always open.
>
> I will continue with these notices if anyone thinks they are
> valuable.
>
> --
>
> I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
> Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
> Being willing is not enough;
> We must do. –Leonardo DaVinci
> Wesley C. Rolley