[Sosfbay-discuss] My DailyKos Diary on Ford, Reagan, Rumsfeld and Saddam

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Tue Jan 2 09:02:14 PST 2007

Dear Green Friends,

Does everybody in America have a bad case of amnesia?

I cannot believe that notorious 1983 picture of Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam Hussein has not been posted a thousand places around the Web these last few days.

(sigh)

For what it's worth, see my "Diary" posted on the Daily Kos:

Ford, Reagan, Rumsfeld and Saddam
by Alex Walker
Daily Kos Tuesday, January 2, 2006.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/1/2/10429/04482

The same article has also been posted on the Indybay Web Page:

Ford, Reagan, Rumsfeld and Saddam
by Alex Walker
SFBay Area Independent Media Center, Tuesday, January 2, 2006.
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2007/01/02/18343161.php

We'll be hearing this nonsense about that "nice guy" Gerald Ford all day today.  In my article there is a link back to decent piece on that subject by, of all people, Christopher Hitchens.  Among other things, Ford and Kissinger double-crossed the Kurds in Iraq also (is there any sleazy thing that has happened on the planet in the last thirty-eight years that Henry Kissinger didn't have a hand in?).

Peace,

Alex Walker