[Sosfbay-discuss] Jan 15 MLK Day Breakfast and Freedom Train

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 00:56:08 PST 2007

At our monthly business meeting we decided instead of doing a Green
Talk in January we'd focus our Green Party energy on participating in
MLK day events and our impeachment resolution action (more info on that
to follow).  Here's the scoop on tbe two most prominent MLK Day events
in Santa Clara County.  We need to talk through whether we want to try
to table or leaflet, etc. at these events.  Please post info on any
other MLK events in SCC also!

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Association of Santa Clara Valley presents:

* Mover of Mountains Award and Scholarship Breakfast 2007 Breakfast
http://www.mlkscv.org/mlk-mover-of-mountains.htm

WHEN: Jan 15, 7:30AM
WHERE: Wyndham Hotel, 1350 N. First St.
HOW MUCH: $35 per single ticket, and $350 for a table of ten.
   online http://www.mlkscv.org/mlk-tickets.htm or at the event by cash
or check.

* 22nd Annual Freedom Train 2007
http://www.mlkscv.org/mlk-freedom-train-san-jose-san-francisco.htm

WHAT: especially chartered train from SJ to SF to celebrate the Martin
Luther King holiday.  All celebrants on the train will be transported
by bus from the San Francisco train station directly to the Bill Graham
Civic Auditorium for Northern California's largest MLK celebration.
 ( see http://www.norcalmlk.org/2007/event_115.html for details)

WHEN: Monday, January 15, 2007
WHERE: ONLY BOARDING at the San Jose Diridon, Sunnyvale and Palo Alto
train stations :
HOW MUCH:  $10 each from volunteers at these station.
SCHEDULE:
San Jose Diridon: Depart 10:00 AM
Sunnyvale: Depart 10:15 AM
Palo Alto: Depart 10:34 AM