[Sosfbay-discuss] MLK events

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 10 17:05:31 PST 2007

1)

*Saturday, January 13*

*Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday Celebration — San **José*

*3 – 5 p.m.
Dr. Roberto Cruz Alum Rock Branch Library
3090 Alum Rock Ave. - Community Room
*

Celebrate the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. with a movie and
birthday party!

3 p.m. Movie and popcorn
4:30 p.m. MLK birthday cake and craft

Alum Rock presents the movie Selma, Lord, Selma, the exciting true story
of a young Alabama girl who was inspired by King to fight against
prejudice. The movie is appropriate for ages 7+. Younger children are
welcome to join us at 4:30 for cake. This is a free event.

For more info: (408) 808-3090

2)

*Saturday, January 13*

*King Sing! — Palo Alto
*Martin Luther King Community Sing-Along

*7:30 pm
Fellowship Hall
First Baptist Church
305 N. California (at Bryant)*

Bring your voices, good cheer and kids to our 7th annual tribute to
Martin Luther King as we mark the birthday of this remarkable man with
our popular Community Sing Along.

We'll be led once again by Folk This! (folk music with attitude) and
their many friends.

Peninsula Peace and Justice Center
ppjc at peaceandjustice.org <mailto:ppjc at peaceandjustice.org>

3)

*Tuesday, January 16*

*Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday Celebration — San **José*

*3 – 4 p.m.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library
150 E. San Fernando St. - 3rd Floor*

We will sing Happy Birthday and eat cake following brief statements by
library and City of San Jose dignitaries. For more information, please
contact Jeff Paul at (408) 808-2636.