[Sosfbay-discuss] letters of demand

Bob Alavi baalavi at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 19:02:56 PST 2007

    Mike:  I admire all of you and wish you the best.   My handwritten letter, on crude ruled paper (which is repeated below) is on its way to you.
  Good Luck. ba

  ====================
  Date:  January 17, 2007
     To:  The U.S. President George W. Bush
            c/o Mountain View, CA Congressional Representatives
                  in Washington, DC

  Dear President Bush,

  I am a vote and taxpayer in Mountain View, California who heard your January 10, 2007 speech.

  Then I saw excerpts of that speech alongside anothr "Jan 10" speech by president Johnson in 1967 -- Forty years earlier when our nation was engaged in Vietnam.  The similarity between the the two was amazing.

  Then there have been so many contradictions in your own statements over the past six years, along with so many other false statements that leave me bewildered and speechless.

  However, let me refer to some of your own statements in my sincere request to withdraw our troops from Iraq immediatelyand disengage the US from any other foreigh wars.

     "Where mistakes were made, the responsibility rests with me ..."

  Does that mean you accept the responsibility for those mistakes, or by making that statement you wish to sink the responsibility and all consequences in a blackhole?

  Mr. President, before our troops were engaged in Iraq in 2003, your statements referred to "Yellow Cakes, WMDs, Aluminum Tubes, Mobile Biological Labs,...", all of which turned to be FALSE.

  Now, over 3000 of our troops -- in your own words "America's Best" are dead, and the " ...responsibility rests with you ..."?

  Your past statements also included: "no nation building", "no US troops under foreign control", "no door to door fighting in Bagdad".  Now you are porposing to "imbed" 20,000 of "America's Best", with Iraqi units to "go door to door in Bagdad"?  Do you see the contradiction in these statements as I do?

  In 2003 you stated:  "Mission Accomplished" and "Resistance was in its last throws".  Then four years later, in 2007, after many thousands of lives you are still looking forward to committing another 20,000 troops to that war?  One such as myself can not help but wonder which 20,000.  Has it not been all over the news that our "armed forces *RESERVES*" have been commissioned to additional tours of duty?  Then as if that weren't enough, "National Guards" have been sent to help?

  One last point:  Do you have any intention to finish the business in Iraq before engaging our nation and armed forces in Iran?

  Mr. President, within the past few days I heard the news that North Korea -- which overtly tested their nuclear weapon -- was in talks with "Japan, China, and South Korea "!

  Why were the AMericans not involved in those talks?  Have we abandoned our mission in midstream?  Why is America left out of those talks?  Why are you not interested in engaging other nations in a constructive dialog with us?  Why do you insist in engaging "America's Best" in wars that result in more death?

  Please stop Iraq war now and stop any further involvement of our troops in foreign wars.

  Respectfully,

  B. Alavi
  PO Box 4547
  Mountain View, CA 94040

  ====================

Michael Fischetti <drpesto at hotmail.com> wrote:
  thanks bob - am leaving early am thurs the 25th - so bring what you have by
wed the 24th thanks mike

>From: Bob Alavi
>To: Michael Fischetti
>Subject: Re: letters of demand
>Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 10:30:15 -0800 (PST)
>
>Hello Mike, Thanks for your efforts and this note.
>
> I will bring mine (plus whatever I may be able to collect from others)
>to you before Fri 1/26.
>
> ba
>
>Michael Fischetti wrote:
> hi all
>
>bush has elected to escalate the war
>
>the american people are now awake
>
>our congresspersons are not as awake and need a kick from us
>
>4 of us from mountain view voices for peace are going to wash dc for a
>united for peace and justice rally on sat 1/27
>
>on monday we will be meeting with our bay area congresspersons and
>delivering a petition and hand written letters demanding action to end the
>escalation and occupation
>
>as you know hand written letters carry a lot of weight with politicos
>
>SO i am ask you all to write a letter to your congressperson - house of
>reps - and mail it to me so i can take it to washington
>
>my address 520 view street mountain view california 94041
>
>thanks
>
>mike fischetti

>From photos to predictions, The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes
>has
>it all. http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/?icid=nctagline1

>No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go
>with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started.

Communicate instantly! Use your Hotmail address to sign into Windows Live
Messenger now. http://get.live.com/messenger/overview