[Sosfbay-discuss] County Council Membership

Andrea Dorey andid at cagreens.org
Sat Jan 27 14:58:59 PST 2007

Hi, Green colleagues,
This sounds like good advice from Wes.

I was on the Council for two terms and I believe that I attended
every meeting, with a few exceptions when I was ill, etc.
The cc is a very important group of people who can help streamline
discussions if they choose to do so, and can come up with innovative
ideas if they choose to do so, especially when they are clear on
their duties to the general membership and do not try to control but
merely guide.
The strength of the cc is in the fewer numbers; the weakness is in
the fewer numbers.  (Bear with the tiny bit of philosophy here.)

I dropped out because I felt it was time for fresh blood.  This is no
criticism of those who remained on the cc, because a couple of people
with a sense of the cc's history can be of tremendous help to the new
people, especially if the former are willing to listen to new
approaches and give way to new talents.
I hope the cc will pick up some new talent and sustain a solid gender
balance, the latter being key to Green values.
Best wishes to all Greens,
Andrea