[Sosfbay-discuss] Impeachment pressure on Eshoo

Carol Brouillet cbrouillet at igc.org
Mon Jul 23 14:50:21 PDT 2007

Great work on the Impeachment editorial in the Mountain View Voice, Fred!

I made myself a new orange shirt with Impeach
Cheney First emblazoned upon it. Had I known of
the noon Impeachment action at Pelosi's office- I
would have posted ithe event on my websitte, and
gone to it- but the first I heard about it was just before noon...

I bicycled to Eshoo's office this afternoon with
a half dozen "Impeach Cheney First" petitions and a letter:

July 23, 2007

Congresswoman Eshoo,

      Today, I am delivering to you additional
signatures, gathered locally on our “Impeach Cheney First” petition.

      The imperative for Impeachment of Cheney
(and Bush) continues to grow. The recent July 17,
2007 Executive Order entitled "Blocking Property
of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization
Efforts in Iraq" provides the President with the
authority to confiscate the assets of "certain
persons" who oppose the US led war in Iraq and “criminalize dissent.”

      A large number of Americans believe that it
is the Executive branch of government that
threatens our Constitution, Bill of Rights, and
has acted illegally to occupy other nations.

      A very chilling “Top Secret document” was leaked which says:

“because of “growing popular unrest in the United
States, caused by the prolonged war in Iraq
.coupled with obvious Congressional inaction,”
the U.S. military has drawn up plans for
combating domestic U.S. civil insurrections. This
is not a theoretical study but a very specific
one. Units to be used domestically are listed in
detail as are detention centers, etc.

“As a result of this, plans are now in train to
segregate, retrain and reequip certain
anti-insurgent U.S. military units now serving in
Iraq and to prepare them for quick transfer back
to the United States for use "as needed" The
Pentagon command believes that such civil
insurrections are not only a possibility but a
very real probability in the event that the
President and his advisors maintain their present
course vis a vis the Iraqi war.

“It is interesting to note that "foreign
intelligence representatives, now active in the
United States” (read Mossad) are to be subject to
“arrest, confinement and eventual deportation to their country of origin."

“The report and several attached ones, run to
almost 900 pages and cannot be put up in their
current form. However, I will list some of the more important data here:

“Classification: Top Secret-Noforn as of 1 June 2007
Distribution Restriction: Distribution authorized
to the DOD and DOD contractors only to maintain
operations security. This determination was made
on 1 June 2007. Other requests for this document
must be referred to (redacted)

“Destruction Notice: Destroy by any method that
will prevent disclosure of contents or reconstruction of the document.
.

“This publication uses the term insurgent to
describe those taking part in any activity
designed to undermine or to overthrow the established authorities

“Counterinsurgency is those military,
paramilitary, political, economic, psychological,
and civic actions taken by a government to defeat
insurgency (JP 1-02). It is an offensive approach
involving all elements of national power; it can
take place across the range of operations and spectrum of conflict
 “

I don’t think we want or need civil war or major
counter-insurgency efforts launched in the United
States against the Peace Movement.

Congressman DeFazio, D-Ore, as a member of the
U.S. House on the Homeland Security Committee, is
permitted to examine classified material. He
asked the White House to see documents outlining
the plan to conduct the government of the United
States after a significant terrorist attack. On
Wednesday, DeFazio was denied access to the documents.

The administration’s behavior is highly
questionable, extremely secretive, and points to
their efforts to hide the truth, avoid
accountability, put themselves above the law of the land.
Only impeachment, genuine investigations, some
accountability are going to slow, or halt, the
imperial grab for power, and threats to world peace currently underway.

I implore you to remember your oath of office and
to serve the Constitution, and people of the
United States. Show your courage and stand up for
truth, support Kucinich’s articles of
impeachment, urge Conyers to move forward with
impeachment, halt another “false flag attack”
upon the US, and stop the impending war on Iran.

Sincerely,
Carol Brouillet

(More details posted on my blog at
http://www.communitycurrency.org/9-11.html#UP )
This evening, on my radio show
http://questioningwar-organizingresistance.blogspot.com/
Matthew Sullivan will report on the DC Impeachmeent events happening now.