[Sosfbay-discuss] Zbigniew Brzezinski in SJ 6/6; SF 6/7

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 4 00:42:58 PDT 2007

San Jose:  6:30 p.m. $35 The Montgomery Theater, 291 South Market Street,
San Jose

San Francisco 6:30  $120  The Westin St. Francis, 335 Powell Street

I'm thinking this could be a great leafletting opportunity, especially to
promote Dr. Bowman's appearances on 6/10 at the Humanist Hall in
Oakland and 6/12 in Campbell.

Brzezinski wrote a great op-ed piece in WaPo March 25.

"The 'war on terror' has created a culture of fear in America."

"[T]he little secret here may be that the vagueness of the phrase was
deliberately (or instinctively) calculated by its sponsors. Constant
reference to a "war on terror" did accomplish one major objective: It
stimulated the emergence of a culture of fear. Fear obscures reason,
intensifies emotions and makes it easier for demagogic politicians to
mobilize the public on behalf of the policies they want to pursue."

"To justify the 'war on terror,' the administration has lately crafted a
false historical narrative...."

"[F]ear-mongering, reinforced by security entrepreneurs, the mass media and
the entertainment industry, generates its own momentum."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/23/AR2007032301613.html

Dr. Brzezinski told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in February that
he feared that a
terrorist incident in the US, blamed on Iran, might be used to justify
"defensive"  (HIS quote marks!)
war against Iran.    http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/001916.php

I have found that people going to hear a speaker are quite receptive to free
literature written
by that speaker.  I have formatted the WaPo piece as a booklet folded from
one 8-1/2 X 11
sheet, and I can print these cheaply.

Inside we could have a half-sheet flyer describing the Senate testimony and
Zbig's
"Grand Chessboard" observations about the role of the control of Central
Asia in any
global dominance plan and the reluctance of US citizens to support wars
unless they
are scared.  He notes that "The public supported America's engagement in
World
War II largely because of the shock effect of the Japanese attack on Pearl
Harbor."
(pp 24-5)

and

"[T]he pursuit of power is not a goal that commands popular passion, except
in
conditions of a sudden threat or challenge to the public's sense of domestic
well-being....
Democracy is inimical to imperial mobilization."

http://fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/zbig.html

We could also include a leaflet describing Dr. Bowman's Bay Area
appearances.
I have formatted his "Some Dare Call It Treason-Wake Up America!" essay also
as a folded one-sheet booklet.
http://alternativesmagazine.com/28/bowman.html

I have scheduling conflicts with these for Wednesday and Thursday both.
Maybe
I could stop by Thursday before the SF 9/11 meeting.  Wednesday I want to
agitate with some election fraud people for throwing Sequoia Systems's black
box machines out of Santa Clara County.

Does anybody have enthusiasm for propagandizing these traffic streams?

Brian