[Sosfbay-discuss] Open Email to the GPSCC County Council; Bylaws Amendment Proposal

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 19:21:23 PDT 2007

Hey Warner,

I think I mostly agree with your proposed amendment.
I have two concerns that you might be able to address.
 1) Why don't we assert our right to recall our rep as
well?  I understand that the state bylaws need
clarification on that point, but while we are working
on our own bylaws I think we should make it a standard
practice to provide for both election/appointment and
recall whenever we are adding bylaws for a position.

2) Is there a way that this could be formulated where
it could be a more practical model for regions that
have more than two counties?  I just worry that it
could be cumbersome coordinating three or more
counties for this procedure and I think it would be
good if we were doing this in such a way that we could
easily promote it as a broad solution for other
regions as well.

Green means Peace!

Drew

--- WB4D23 at aol.com wrote:

> To the GPSCC County Council:  The following is a
> proposal  for GPSCC Bylaws
> Amendments.  Please go read the GPSCC Bylaws to see
> what  you are supposed to
> do in response.  In Struggle!  Warner S. Bloomberg
> III

> May 29, 2007 Proposal for New GPSCC (and GPSMC)
> Bylaws
>
> New Proposed 7.2  Choice of Regional Representative
> and  Alternate
> (Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties). A candidate
> for Regional
> Representative to the GPCA Coordinating Committee
> shall announce their  availability as a
> candidate on the County Party email list at least
> fifteen days  before the next
> meeting when a vacancy or replacement is considered.
>  The  candidate shall
> describe their background that supports their
> candidacy and  briefly describe
> her or his goals in seeking the position.  The
> candidate  will
> personally appear at the meeting to answer
> questions.  The  applicable
> meeting may be a general membership meeting, a
> business meeting or
> a County Council meeting -- depending on the
> practice in the  county.
> However, the candidacy must be announced on the
> agenda using the  usual practices in
> each County.  The decision will then be placed on
> the  agenda and made at the
> next monthly meeting. If a candidate is approved in
> Santa  Clara County, the
> same candidate must also be approved in San Mateo
> County.  If a different
> candidate is chosen by one of these County Green
> Parties, the decision must be
> retaken by both until there is agreement on
> a candidate.  The Silicon Valley Region Alternate to
> the  GPCA Coordinating
> Committee will be chosen by the same  procedures.
> Where candidates are
> available, the Regional  Representative and the
> Alternate will not be from
> the same county.
>
> This Bylaw Amendment will become effective upon its
> adoption  by
> both the Green Party of Santa Clara County and the
> Green Party of
> San  Mateo County and shall not be effective until
> adopted by both
> County Green  Parties.  Upon adoption, the County
> Council from each
> County Green  Party shall separately and
> independently notify the
> Green Party of  California of their bylaws
> amendments opting out of
> the default procedures  provided by the state Green
> Party Bylaws.

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC