[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: Pivotal Vote on Gonzales MONDAY]

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 9 11:52:18 PDT 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Pivotal Vote on Gonzales MONDAY
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 09:10:40 -0700
From: "PFAW Activist Network" <alerts at pfaw.org>
To: "Gerald Gras" <gerrygras at earthlink.net>

Dear Gerald,

A moment of truth is here. On Monday, Senate will make its first move to
hold a Vote of No Confidence on Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

We're delivering our petitions to the Senate on Monday morning before
the vote, and although it's hot here in Washington, we want those boxes
of petitions to be as heavy as possible. We're very close to our goal of
50,000 signatures. Can you help us get there by Monday?

We appreciate your being part of this petition effort. Now please help
by forwarding this message

<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=itJXL6PQIoIYKjJ&s=dgJTL3NBJiJSI1MHJrE&m=lkL1J9NSJrK9F>

to your friends and family or urging them to go to:

http://www.pfaw.org/go/GonzalesMustGo

<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=juIZJ9PUKqLXIiI&s=dgJTL3NBJiJSI1MHJrE&m=lkL1J9NSJrK9F>

A few senators need some extra pressure, and we can use more signers
from their states. In particular, since it may take 60 votes on Monday
to cut off debate and bring the no confidence resolution to a vote, we
need the votes of Republicans, a number of whom have already called for
Gonzales' resignation or who have stated serious concerns about his
ability to lead the Department of Justice. We need these senators to put
their money where their mouths are and vote to defend the Constitution.

Take a look at the senators below. If you have contacts in these
senators' states, please pass the petition on to them.

         Minnesota: Senator Coleman
         New Hampshire: Senator Sununu
         Oregon: Senator Smith
         Pennsylvania: Senator Spector
         Nebraska: Senator Hagel
         Oklahoma: Senator Coburn
         Arizona: Senator McCain
         Missouri: Senator Bond
         Kansas: Senator Roberts
         Alabama: Senator Sessions

Ask them to sign the Gonzales Must Go petition!

http://www.pfaw.org/go/GonzalesMustGo

<http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=cnJLKONsEjKKKYL&s=dgJTL3NBJiJSI1MHJrE&m=lkL1J9NSJrK9F>

-- Your Allies at People For the American Way

This message was sent to: gerrygras at earthlink.net