[Sosfbay-discuss] CA-37 - "Bipartisan" Meltdown

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Sun Jun 10 13:13:26 PDT 2007

Dear Green Friends,

I have written four letters-to-the-editor and posted 4 web sites about the "meltdown" by the two supposedly front-running DEM candidates in the special congressional election in Los Angeles/Long Beach.

You can read my Post on California Greening at:

CA-37 - "Bipartisan" Meltdown in Compton
(http://cagreening.blogspot.com/2007/06/ca-37-bipartisan-meltdown-in-compton.html )
This is the thing.  I also posted a Democrat-friendly version on The Daily Kos at:

DailyKos: CA-37 - "Bipartisan" Meltdown in Compton

(http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/6/10/152652/554)

If Wes Rolley and my past experience holds, the "Kossaks" will probably go crazy because I actually wrote something nice about a Green Party candidate.  And so, if any of you have userids for DailyKos a friendly comment will be greatly appreciated.

B.T.W.  I did attend the candidates debate in Compton Thursday night and Daniel was great.

Richardson, Oropeza, and McDonald are not ready for prime time.  The Republican candidates are... well... Republicans and the Black Republican, L.J. "Bishop" Guillory is a total buffoon.

The other "minor" candidates are... well... nuts.  The 37th CD is an extremely diverse district.  Thanks to the bipartisan gerrymandering of the districts, the very diverse and mostly progressive City of Long Beach is partly represented by the rightwing openly racist Republican wingnut Dana Rohrabacher, who once said global warming might be caused by "dinosaur flatulence" and prisoners could do the work of immigrant farmworkers from Mexico.

Taking everything into account, Daniel Abraham Brezenoff is, by far, the best person to represent this district in the United States House of Representatives.

Alex Walker