[Sosfbay-discuss] Water District Phase 2.

Wes Rolley wrolley at refpub.com
Tue Jun 12 10:35:33 PDT 2007

When I noted that the Water district link for their press release was
not working, I also sent a note to the water district asking if they
pulled the release.  The link is now working.

http://www.valleywater.org/News_and_events/News_releases/May_31,_2007.shtm

However, if you read the release, there some of the bureaucratic self
protection that I mentioned before as well as the tendency to see this
as an infrastructure investment problem... read send the water district
more money... read that is why they raised the rates.

> The shutting down of the pumps demonstrates the vulnerability of the
> Bay Area’s water supply and the need to invest in water resources and
> infrastructure, while finding a viable solution to challenges in the
> Delta.
There is absolutely no acknowledgment of the fact that we are rushing
toward a head on collision between unconstrained growth and a
diminishing supply and you can not engineer that solution by building
infrastructure.  Well, maybe you can if you rip up the Lost Forest and
take the water from Honeydew (>100 in. per year) and channel it south.
That would be good.  SoCal taking water from the Delta while the Bay
Area takes water from Humboldt County.  Makes a lot of sense.

Oh well, what do I know.  I am only a tax payer, rate payer, Gaia
dreamer. They are the experts who need to find something to do to
justify their unusually high salaries.

> For Mid-Management Association jobs, the average salary was almost 7%
> higher then comparable markets. This represented a decrease from 2004
> when the average was almost 8% higher. Specific salaries ranged from about
> 0.4% below market for Facilities Management positions to 17% above market
> for Laboratory Services positions.
Source:
http://www.sccsuperiorcourt.org/jury/GJreports/2006/SCValleyWaterDistrict.pdf