[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: Early showing of Sicko on Sat. 6/23 in SF and Emeryville]

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 21 17:23:02 PDT 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Early showing of Sicko on Sat. 6/23 in SF and Emeryville
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:53:05 -0700
From: Lynn Huidekoper <lynn_huidekoper at hotmail.com>
To: HCAC Activists <hcac-act at svpal.org>, One Care Now <onecarenow at svpal.org>

--_44c7f0cd-24f5-4941-bf09-7d05b050e0f9_

Here are theaters which will be getting SiCKO this Sat. 6/23.
In this email it explains why the limited distribution on
6/29. They don't think that folks will want to see a film on
health care. It will be interesting to see the turnout for
this early release and the reviews. It was shown yesterday
to members of Congress where Michael pushed for Single Payer.

Here are some of the media coverage so far that I am aware
of(by word of mouth):
1) Oprah
2) A full half hour with Terry Moran on Nightline filmed in Sacto last
     Tuesday
3) The Director for the Homeless Mission in LA where the confused
     woman was dumped off in a hosp. gown after a hospital sent her
     in a cab was on 60 Minutes
4) 3 full hour programs so far on KPFA of Amy Goodman on the
     Democracy Now program. [Ed. Note: KPFA is part of Pacifica, and
     Democracy Now can be heard on over 300 readio and TV stations.]
     I heard a little bit today from one of the Ground Zero folks
     with serious lung damage whom Michael took to Cuba for superior
     medical care.
5) Michael on David Letterman-great interview-funny. You can catch
     on CBS online.
6) Frequent TV ads with great reviews from movie critics. Has he
     been on the Daily Show yet? or any other exposure?  Lynn

	-	-	-	-	-	-	-

From: marilyncle at earthlink.netTo: healthcare-now at lists.healthcare-now.orgDa=
te: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:41:54 -0400Subject: [Healthcare-now] SiCKO
is opening in 49 more theatres this Saturday! Be there!

Go see the film and take a crowd this weekend!  You are going to
love it!  Leaflet and organize people to fight for national single
payer healthcare after they see the film.  Michael Moore came out
for H.R. 676 yesterday at the Congressional press conference [he]
called on everyone to contact their Members of Congress to get
them signed on.

Marilyn Clement,
National Coordinator
Healthcare-NOW
www.healthcare-now.org

Michael Moore's office informed us that SiCKO will be premiered
in 49 cities THIS SATURDAY.  It is critical that we get this
information out because the distribution of the film next Friday
will depend on the numbers they see on Saturday.  I have included
the link to the website and a listing of the theaters below.  Can
you help us get the word out and pack each theater NATIONALLY?
Please distribute widely asking people to go even if they suspect
they won't get in or will have to stand in line. The distribution
company is looking at a very limited release of the film because
they don't know if people will see a film about health care.
We can show them that SiCKO will be THE film of the summer and
that health reform matters to people.
http://www.michaelmoore.com/sicko/about/sneak/

Harkins Cine Capri/North Scottsdale 101
Scottsdale