[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: It's About Time]

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 21 18:18:19 PDT 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: It's About Time
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 17:47:27 -0500 (CDT)
From: ACLU <Executive_Director at aclu.org>
To: gerrygras at earthlink.net

**************************************
ACLU
It's About Time
**************************************

Dear Gerald,

It's about time! Congress is finally taking steps to hold the
Bush Administration accountable for its cavalier and lawless behavior.

Today, the Senate Judiciary Committee began the process of issuing
subpoenas to government
officials, demanding documents and real answers about President Bush's
infamous NSA spy program.

Congress may finally be mobilizing to repair six years of damage to
our basic rights. We're mobilizing too, and there's more
you can do today.

The ACLU and dozens of other groups have already collected
more than 140,000 petition signatures. We're hand-delivering our
petitions next Tuesday, when thousands gather live in Washington, D.C.
for our national Day of Action.  Help send the loud, clear message: We
the people demand that Congress hold this administration accountable for
its actions and demand the restoration of habeas corpus and all our
constitutional rights. If you haven't signed our petition to Restore Our
Rights, now is the time:
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=j76dQq2s3cK4dAB2o1T6pw..

Across the country, momentum is building around the demand for
restored rights and real oversight. If you can't be with us in
person next Tuesday, you can still participate in planned
activities in your state. Please check out our June 26 map to find out
what's going on near you and get involved locally:
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=VhCgNrr0gsoc2WDGy23ptg..

We'll also have live video of the Rally to Restore Law and Justice:
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=MtkAnQ_hGLVk3AN7qG_cbw..

We have an opportunity this summer to begin restoring our Constitution
and ensuring these abuses don't happen again. Be part of the momentum
by signing the petition:
http://action.aclu.org/site/R?i=W9Q_8adP2GqsPQljikz4XA..

I hope you'll join us locally or online as we work
to Restore Our Constitutional Rights and fight for the values we all
hold so dear. Thank you for all you've done and all you continue
to do and for standing with us.

Sincerely,
Anthony D. Romero
Executive Director

Unsubscribe from receiving email, or change your email preferences:
http://action.aclu.org/site/CO?i=FQEZSUdfjkgD0618Ttbr-f2CURiyOujI&cid=0