[Sosfbay-discuss] Fwd: [SBM] SICKO / Group Tickets /Health-Care-for-All leafleting

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 23 23:31:33 PDT 2007

As I alluded to when to Bob at our weekly Friday
Impeachment Vigil (Castro & El Camino) about how the
Green Party is getting a block of tickets together to
see SiCKO... we (the GPSCC) are in a coalition called
the Single Payer Healthcare Coalition of SCC.  The
Labor Party (mentioned below in a forwarded SBM
e-mail) is also a sister member of that coalition.
This coalition is putting on events to educate and
lobby for Single Payer and the movie SiCKO also
promotes Single Payer.

If you want to go to see SiCKO with fellow Greens on
Friday the 29th in Mountain View, please e-mail Fred
<fredd at freeshell.org>

Green is Health!
Drew
--- Bob Alavi <baalavi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> FYI
>
> terry koch <terrykoch1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>   SICKO / Group Tickets /Health-Care-for-All
> leafleting
>
>   The San Jose Labor Party has been pressing for
>   universal health care for years and now is active
> in
>   the "Adopt-a-Theater' effort for the Michael Moore
>
>   movie "SICKO" in the South Bay.  Their next
> meeting is Tuesday, June 26th at 7pm at the Low
> Income Self Help Center, 525 West Alma Ave,
>   San Jose, where logistics will be discussed to
> leaflet movie-goers
>   at local theaters.
>
>   Come and be part of this wave of social reform
> created by
>   the fortunate coincidence of Sheila Kuehl's bill
> SB 840, the national
>   single-payer bill HR 676 and Mr. Moore's excellent
> film about the
>   abysmal state of health care in the U.S.
>
>   Also, group tickets to see "SICKO" at the Camera
> 12 theater in downtown
>   San Jose will be $5.00 each and will soon be
> available from members of SouthBay Mobilization and
> the San Jose Peace (and Justice) Center.. If
> interested, answer this email, call Terry at
> 243-4479,call the South Bay Mobilization office
> (408) 998-8504 or come  to the Friday Peace  vigil
> at the Federal Bldg in San Jose where volunteers
> will be selling tickets.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>   We should be starting a separate email discussion
> list for the
>   Single Payer issue in order to not clog the SBM
> anti-war-focused
>   email discussion list. Please respond to this
> email if you would like to be included in such a
> list for the purpose of keeping abreast of issues,
> volunteer opportunities and events in the South Bay.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>    Please see the upcoming flyers for theaters where
> the movie 'SICKO' will be showing  as well as for
> upcoming events including:
>   Sunday, July 8th, 2007
>    2 to 4 pm
>   Redwood Room
>    Santa Clara Central Park Library
>   2635 Homestead Road
>   ////////
>   Come to a free community forum on:
>   Monday, July 9, 2007
>    7-9PM
>   Unitarian-Universalist Fellowship
>   Chapel
>   1112 S.Bernardo Ave.
>   Corner of Bernardo and Remington
>   Enter into S. Bernardo Parking Lot
>   SUNNYVALE
>
>   Everybody In, Nobody Out!

>   Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out
> tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV.

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC