[Sosfbay-discuss] Lorna Salzman on Chris Hedges

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 15:53:13 PST 2007

By the way Mark IMO some of your info is way out of date.   Let's not
merely focus on the vote numbers but take a look at the level of
organization within the state parties, shall we?  By this reckoning the
Wisconsin Green Party was extremely vital in the 2006 election and was
actually one of the leaders in the nation!!!  Illinois was downright
inspirational.  Minnesota showed some real kick to it as did Michigan.
Missourri is still weak, true and obviously we have a LONG way to go
everywhere, but I *do* think you're way, way under reporting the level
of party organization in the Midwest.

Our national entity has almost no infrastructure.  We have next to no
national PACs.  The GPUS is still extremely undeveloped.  Nevertheless
as we elect a set of real Green Parties candidates for 2008 we're going
to see a magnificent rise in the fortunes of the GPUS.  Mark my words.

Green means GO!

Drew

Mark wrote:
> >In a coherent national party, our membership in Missouri, Wisconsin
and Indiana would have taken a jump from the Illinois numbers.  They
didn't.
> > A nationally coherent party would have some realistic balance sheet
on the subject, but I don't think it did much for us on either coast
and it left the Midwestern parties, often not much more than paper
parties, almost comatose....

Tian replied:
> It's too early to tell on that. The impact of last falls elections is
only now percolating around to the point where it's having grass roots
impact outside the area directly affected by it.

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com