[Sosfbay-discuss] A Proposal to endorse that boycott - Wes's concern about SCC advertisements on public property

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sat Mar 3 19:40:55 PST 2007

JamBoi wrote:

> It would be SOOOOO much easier to follow folks ideas if they'd actually change the subject to reflect their content!!!  So please Wes, if you want to tangent, I'd really enjoy it if you'd go ahead and tangent the subject line (as I did in this case).
If you follow my original post...

I said that I supported the idea of a boycott.

> I support the idea of a boycott.
I said that attaching it to the impeachment issue was a stretch. (Maybe
your believe that every large corporation in the US is a direct
contributor to the Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld war crimes. However, it stands
as unproven.)

> I also think that the association with the issue of impeachment is a
> stretch for most.
Then, I offered a different rational for the boycott, one that is
directly concerned with Santa Clara County, where we both live.

> But, there is a much more insidious intrusion of corporations into our
> lives that needs to be called out and stopped.
Pray tell, how is that a tangent?

I do not agree with the Marxist class struggle logic that is presented
on the referenced cite and will address that in a different post so as
not to confuse the issue.

--

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.