[Sosfbay-discuss] I am now a Sunnyvale Housing and Human Services Commissioner

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 10:15:38 PST 2007

Fellow Greens,

Greetings from Sunnyvale, California, "The Heart of Silicon Valley"
http://www.sunnyvale.ca.gov/

Last night the Sunnyvale City Council appointed me to the Sunnyvale
Housing and Human Services Commission!!!  So the HHS Commission works
on such issues as making sure that Housing and Human Services are
avalaible for all folks of all cultures, ages and lifestyles in
Sunnyvale. And by the way much of the effort that goes into covering
these needs are by churches and other faith-based groups. Here's the
blurb about HHS on the web page:

Information:
The Housing and Human Services Commission advises the City Council on
existing and potential programs, policies, and other issues regarding
housing and human services in Sunnyvale. In addition, it advises the
Council on City funding of outside groups and reviews Housing Community
Development Block Grant programs and priorities.
The 9 member advisory committee meets on the 4th Wednesday of each
month at 7 p.m. in the West Conference Room of City Hall. Applicants
should have knowledge of or demonstrated interest in Sunnyvale's
housing and socio-economic problems.

And here's the web page for more info:
http://sunnyvale.ca.gov/City+Council/Boards+and+Commissions/Housing/

So if you've noted something about Sunnyvale Housing
and Human Services you want to address I'm your guy. :-)

Drew

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com