[Sosfbay-discuss] Ideas from Far-Flung Places _inclusive list or not

Duende egroups at duendevision.com
Thu Mar 8 07:48:55 PST 2007

"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise
they'll kill you."

     Oscar Wilde

On Mar 8, 2007, at 1:13 AM, JamBoi wrote:

> Oh, and furthermore and most importantly if people actually read
> what I
> wrote they'd note all I said was that I was 'concerned' about the
> suddenly frequent posting from a non-local and all I was requesting
> was
> that Mark would observe and not frequently post.

As I said before.. the man made 3 intelligent posts..
  not FREQUENT nor SUDDENLY since he only commented on an existing
thread..

> Mark himself
> completely mistook my post and all by his lonesome drew some wild
> conclusions about not being welcome to observe our list and he
> voluntarily took himself off.

Mark didn't mistake anything. You were questioning his right to
participate on this forum pure and simple. I personally question your
right to have taken this upon yourself with out first discussing the
use of this forum with others who have been on it longer than you
have (myself included except for a brief period)

> No I absolutely do NOT concur in inviting Mark back onto our local
> list.  His frequent posting was unwelcome and his verbal grenades that
> he tossed onto our list and then walked away make him completely
> unwelcome. Can you not see the trouble he's already caused by his
> uncalled for invasive and inflammatory remarks!!!  He's toxic.  Leave
> him be and drop this whole line.  We have much too much LOCAL work to
> do to be WASTING TIME with this BULLSHIT.

Again, the man had made only 3 posts. You say he tossed grenades and
walked away. Drew.. you basically chased him away with the insulting
position you took with him (yet you can't seem to understand). One I
do not concur with.

I don't consider resolving whether a list is inclusive or not to be
minor nor am I comfortable with the charged language you're using in
discussing these events.

> Green means GO!

And in this case it meant go some where else it appears. Autonomy
doesn't exclude us from community. I would really like to see others
on this list follow suite and acknowledge to Mark the
inappropriateness of the treatment he got.

I was at a meeting in Mike and Marilyn's home and someone (I think it
was Jim) asked why Greens had such a hard time attracting people. I
offered my 2 cents in that I saw them as quite cliquish.  I wonder
how cliquish we appear to Mark at the moment.

And another thing about the Greens was "twinkling". The first time I
saw twinkling I almost ran out of the room. It almost seems like a
desperate attempt to be different. Anyway, it's really too weird for
my blood..and I am a VERY weird guy :-)

Peace

Duende