[Sosfbay-discuss] Noise abatement - how to petition?

Duende egroups at duendevision.com
Thu Mar 8 09:58:30 PST 2007

Hi Cameron

I appreciate what your saying about the hiway noise and all the other
forms of noise. I once had extraordinary hearing which is now about
average because of the noise made by a banks computer room and the
check sorting machines back in the 70's.

My experience with motorcycle noises is from touring the country on
motorcycle and talking to people about it. There may be a larger
audience than you think. I was surprised at the responses and the
frustration.

Also I don't think it's wise to shy away from an issue because it's
deemed unpopular and that "Wise Use" groups (a distortion if I ever
saw one) are smarter at naming them selves than we are. Their gains
are short lived where as we're going for the long term. What we all
know will be inevitable but at what price before that inevitability
occurs.

Peace

Duende

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is
the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion
is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in
awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Albert Einstein