[Sosfbay-discuss] Post Katrina Hearing

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 10 09:48:37 PST 2007

Good for the Dems for actually calling a meeting to bring attention to
doing something about this on-going tragedy.  We Greens are leading the
way and are actually on the ground ahead of the Dems though.  I was
instrumental in getting the GPUS media committee to do a press release
on the Green Party's Common Ground Collective that is on the scene
doing practical physical and social rebuilding.  Here's a URL to that
release:

http://www.gp.org/press/pr_2006_12_04.shtml

Impeach for Peace!

Drew

--- Jim Doyle <j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Assemblywoman Sally Lieber, State Assembly Speaker pro Tempore
>  San Jose State Chapter, Gulf Coast Civic Works Project
>  San Jose State Sociology Department, Social Change Concentration
>
> Co-Sponsors, Senator Ellen Corbett, Assemblymember John Laird
>  Assemblymember Ira Ruskin,
> Invite You to Attend:
> Report on Post Katrina Conditions in the Gulf Coast
> Date:		Friday, March 16, 2007,
> Time:		2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
> Place:		Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library, Room 229,  150 E. San
> Fernando, San Jose
>
> Twenty-five San Jose State students traveled to the Gulf Coast to
> talk with residents about post-Katrina recovery efforts. Please come
> to hear student and faculty testimony about the continuing neglect of
> the region and their proposed solutions.
>
> For further information please contact:
> Harry Adams,  Principal Consultant
> Assemblywoman Sally Lieber
> 22nd Assembly District