[Sosfbay-discuss] Gonzales must go

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Wed Mar 14 10:08:48 PDT 2007

I call your attention to an editorial in today's Sacramento Bee.

http://www.sacbee.com/110/story/137324.html

Their conclusion is that Gonzales must go and their logic mirrors that
of a recent SF Chronicle OpEd
<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2007/03/06/EDGRJN7AHK1.DTL>by
Pete McCloskey.

I have written a letter to the editor of the Mercury News that called
attention to this and the Mercury News editorial regarding the manner in
which the FBI has been abusing the use of the Patriot Act to gather data
on private individuals.  The Mercury News blasted the FBI.  But we need
to get them to focus on Gonzales, who has politicized the office of
Attorney General in a manner not seen since the days of John Mitchell.

I would like to see the Mercury News get 20 Letters to the editor
<mailto:letters at mercurynews.com> today on this subject..  I  have sent
one.. so, only 19 more to go.

--

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.