[Sosfbay-discuss] RSVP 4 Cameron's Saturday's Hike: Nibbs' Nob Meet at SJ Civic Center @ 9:30A

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 09:20:48 PDT 2007

Dear Greens, Please RSVP for Cameron's Monthly Hike.

Here's Cameron's Hike for this upcoming Saturday March 24th:

Destination: Nibbs' Knob (approaching from Uvas Canyon County Park
Meetup Time:
 1) Time For Silicon Valleyites:  9:30A*
  Place: San Jose Civic Center parking lot ( SE Corner ) @ 1st &
Hedding
 2) For those wanting to meet @ Uvas: 10:30ish (please be
   patient as we'll need to be flexible to herd all our Green cats)
  Place: Uvas Canyon County Park parking lot

Bring:
 Hiking Boots/shoes (seriously!  not tennies)
 *wool* socks (cotton = blisters)
 Sun block (Cameron reports considerable sun exposure on some parts of
the hike)
 Sun glasses
 Bag lunch!
 Camera
 Yourself and a friend!

Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy high 73, low 50, 10% of rain.  Doesn't
look like we'll need to go for our back up plan of The Tech Museum, but
we've got that option if we need it.

* Note: We'll commit to waiting no longer than 10:15 and then we're
going to carpool to Uvas with whoever has joined us.  If everyone who's
RSVPed makes it by 10, we'll take off earlier.  So speak up and let us
know if you're coming so we know to look for you!

More on Hike:
http://www.bahiker.com/southbayhikes/uvas.html
"The toughest hikes in the park are the treks to Nibbs Knob and
Knobcone Point...Nibbs Knob is a 3.6 mile out-and-back hike with a gain
of about 1400 feet..."

http://www.mnn.net/knob.htm

Greens = GO!

Drew

--- JamBoi <jamboi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Cameron, the Saturday hike could have a backup in case of bad weather
> going to the Tech.  What do you think?  What time are we meeting and
> where are we hiking otherwise?
> > Impeach for Peace!
> > Drew
> > --- Wes Rolley <wrolley at charter.net> wrote:
> > > I would recommend two things going on at the Tech Museum of
> > Innovation in San Jose right now. Actually, both have been going on
for a while but they are very much about what being Green means.
> read about it here. http://www.thetech.org/exhibits/green_by_design/
> > > Hurricane on the Bayou.
> > You can find show times
> > here:http://www.thetech.org/imax/filmdetail/?movie=HOB&ref=current
> > to the rapidly disappearing wetlands that are New Orleans’ first
> line of defense against deadly storms. Vanishing at an astonishing
rate of one acre every 38 minutes according to the U.S. Geological
Survey, the wealth, cultural vitality and very future of New Orleans
depend on the preservation of these wetlands."
> > should also consider the importance of the California Delta to this
entire state.

JamBoi
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
See http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=JamBoi

The Celts invading the Italian Penninsula's reply when questioned by the nervous Romans around 400BC
"To the brave belong all things"

Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com