[Sosfbay-discuss] Persian New Year Tabling Opportunity

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 13:37:11 PDT 2007

Note to all: Persians are *not* arab and generally do not like being
mistaken for arabs - guess it just goes to show that everyone wants to
be seen for who they are, not who they might look similar to.

Cameron is this the event you were refering to (not Arab-American) that
you thought you might like to table at?

Organize, Energize, Coalize!

Drew

Jim Doyle wrote:

The annual celebration of the Persian New Year is being held
in Vasona County Park in Los Gatos this coming Saturday and
Sunday, March 31 and April 1.

I received a call from Arzheng tonight, Tuesday, in which he told me
of the event.  He is working trying to get a table for South Bay
Mobilisation. Tentatively, that could be a shared table.  Or, if
miracles happen, we might have our own table.  And finally, we could
just have an informal presence, walk around and try to register voters.

These are last minute arrangements and not yet guaranteed.  However, it
could benefit the Greens to be there in some capacity, to be seen.

Arzheng told me that the early birds start arriving at 9 am but the
formal portion of the scheduled events does not start until 11 am and
lasts until sunset.

That is what I know as of now.
Let me know if you are interested.

JamBoi
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
See http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=JamBoi

"To the brave belong all things"
Celts invading the Italian Penninsula's reply when queried as to their intentions by nervous Romans around 400BC

Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com