[Sosfbay-discuss] Emergency rally to end the war tomorrow at Winchester & Stevens Cr. 5PM

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 10:45:09 PDT 2007

Emergency rally to end the war tomorrow in Santa Clara
Congress just passed a plan to start bringing our troops home this
year. President Bush is going to veto it. We're having rallies all
around the country on Wednesday—when the veto is expected—to oppose the
veto and urge Congress to stand firm.1 Can you join us in Santa Clara?

Join Us at a Rally

Dear MoveOn member,
Congress is about to send an important bill to the White House—it would
require the president to start bringing our troops home from Iraq this
year. President Bush has said repeatedly he's going to veto it. It's
outrageous. Most Americans support a timeline and he's standing in the
way.

This will be a pivotal moment on Iraq—it's not clear what Congress or
the president will do after the veto. We need to make clear that
President Bush is really vetoing the will of the American people. And
we need to tell Congress to hold firm.

There are already more than 200 rallies planned and it's really
important to turn out in big numbers to get our message across. There
is one right near you in Santa Clara. Can you make it tomorrow?

Here are the details:
corner of Stevens Creek Blvd & Winchester Blvd.
Wednesday, May 2 2007, 5:00 PM
RSVP:
http://pol.moveon.org/event/vetorally/37144?id=10263-1545797-74ypcO&t=4

If this event doesn't work for you, click below to search for another
rally near you:

http://pol.moveon.org/event/vetorally/?search_zip=95129&id=10263-1545797-74ypcO&t=5

Four years ago today, President Bush declared "Mission Accomplished" in
Iraq. Now there is a plan on the table that will finally start bringing
our troops home—but the president is going to veto it. By doing so,
he's vetoing the will of the people.

Congress has two options on how to respond—they can either cave to the
president's pressure or stand strong and demand accountability from him
on Iraq. Members of Congress are going to be gauging public reaction in
the next few days to decide which path they'll follow.

There's also a fun twist to these rallies: We'll be using noisemakers
to demonstrate that President Bush and Congress cannot ignore us any
longer—our voices must be heard.

As Senator Feingold recently wrote:

By carrying out his veto threat, the President will mark yet another
sad day in the history of this war. But that veto should be seen as a
rallying cry for the vast majority of Americans who believe that the
time has come to again stand up, and stand together, with one voice,
and demand a policy that makes sense—one that puts our country and our
national security first. A policy that makes America safer, not
weaker.2

Now is the time to take a strong stand against the president's reckless
policy in Iraq. Together, we'll show the media and Congress that we
won't stand for another blank check for the president on the war. Can
you join us?

Click below to search for a rally near you.

http://pol.moveon.org/event/vetorally/?search_zip=95129&id=10263-1545797-74ypcO&t=6

Thanks for all you do,

–Nita, Anna, Matt, Justin and the MoveOn.org Political Action Team
  Tuesday, May 1st, 2007

Sources

1. "GOP's Base Helps Keep Unity on Iraq," Washington Post, April 30,
2007
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=2543&id=10263-1545797-74ypcO&t=7

2. An Important Step to Ending the War in Iraq, Progressive Patriots
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=2538&id=10263-1545797-74ypcO&t=8

Support our member-driven organization: MoveOn.org Political Action is
entirely funded by our 3.2 million members. We have no corporate
contributors, no foundation grants, no money from unions. Our tiny
staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. If you'd like to
support our work, you can give now at:

http://political.moveon.org/donate/email.html?id=10263-1545797-74ypcO&t=9

PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC