[Sosfbay-discuss] Cockburn on Global Warming

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Sun May 6 18:50:51 PDT 2007

We may be hearing about this, so here is some advance
information.

Alexander Cockburn essentially says that current thinking
about global warming is bunk:

     http://www.thenation.com/doc/20070514/cockburn
     http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn04282007.html

The right wing is picking up on this because Cockburn is
considered a leftie.  I am not including links, but you can find
them by just googling "Alexander Cockburn global warming".

This response is more credible, in my opinion:

     (A complex analysis of what is correct and what is incorrect
      in Cockburn's article.  And the most important thing is that
      it is insufficient to negate current thinking re global warming.)
     http://members5.boardhost.com/medialens/msg/1178040346.html
http://www.opednews.com/articles/genera_michael__070429_misunderstanding_glo.htm
http://www.climatologynews.com/story.asp?ID=195427&Title=Misunderstanding%20Global%20Warming:%20Alexander%20Cockburn%20versus%20Global%20...

Znet has Cockburn's original article and a response by Monbiot.

     http://www.zmag.org/debatesglobalwarming.html

Maybe more later, right now my computer is overheating.

Gerry