[Sosfbay-discuss] Health Com. Related-Events.: May 17 SJ: Ending Homelessness & Health Care Town Meeting

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 09:12:44 PDT 2007

In addition to the forum Fred Duperault, Mike
Fischetti, and others are doing on Single Payer May
18th in Mountain View:

--- Lynn Huidekoper <lynn_huidekoper at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> From: Lynn Huidekoper <lynn_huidekoper at hotmail.com>
> To: HCAC Activists <hcac-act at svpal.org>
> Subject: Two Important Events on May 17 in San Jose
> Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 01:51:52 -0700
>

> 2 very important meetings are taking place this
> Thursday, May 17, in San Jose.
> CHAM is the Community Homeless Alliance Ministry who
> care for the homeless in San Jose and whose mission
> is to end homelessness in our county. Lack of
> affordable housing and health care are intertwined.
> It is a moral issue for all of us who care about our
> fellow human beings.
>
> Assemblyman Jim Beall is a new force in Sacramento
> for the poor and uninsured. He has a bill AB12 to
> extend his vision for covering the uninsured adults
> in Santa Clara County to the whole state. We need to
> support him in this important effort. Lobby your
> legislators to vote Yes on this bill.
> Please consider supporting these 2 crucial issues
> and attend one of these meetings.
> Thanks,Lynn
> Subject: Two Events on May 17From:
> PerrySandy at aol.com
>

> Dear Friends of CHAM,
>
> Enclosed are announcements of two upcoming events at
> (unfortunately) virtually the same time on Thursday,
> May 17. We recommend you choose one or the other.
>
> The first is regarding housing and homelessness.
> There will be speakers on the countywide Blue Ribbon
> Commission to end homelessness and solve the
> affordable housing crisis. Allison Campbell will be
> speaking for CHAM about her experiences with
> homelessness and her ideas about ending it.
>
> The second is a health care town hall meeting called
> by Assemblymember Jim Beall. Jim Beall is a longtime
> supporter of health care, including single payer
> (the only cost-effective way to provide guaranteed
> health care for everyone).
>
> Some CHAM members participated in the massive
> Sacramento rally for the single payer SB 840 on May
> 8. It was the largest rally for single payer ever
> held in California, and possibly the nation.
> Although support for SB 840 is stronger than ever,
> powerful corporate special interests are doing
> everything in their power to strangle it in its
> cradle. There was virtually no media coverage of the
> rally despite attendance by over 2000 people.
>
> Jim Beall was one of a half dozen legislators who
> came out at the rally to support 840. Please attend
> his town hall meeting, thank him for his support,
> and urge him to stand firm until every man, woman,
> and child has the health care that is their
> God-given right.
>
> Seminar on Ending Homelessness and Solving the
> Affordable Housing Crisis May 17, 2007Martin Luther
> King Library, Room 225150 E. San Fernando Street,
> San Jose, CA 951126:30pm – 8:30pm Light snacks and
> refreshments will be offered. For more
> informationContact Merci Midori: 408.282.1133
> mmidori at charitieshousing.org Sponsors:
> Chaities Housing    www.charitieshousing,org
> CHAM Deliverance Ministry
> [...]

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC

____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.