[Sosfbay-discuss] Comparing pros and cons of hybrids v bikes?

Tian Harter tnharter at ispwest.com
Mon May 21 14:47:52 PDT 2007

JamBoi wrote:

>Calling people like Rob Means and others who can
>answer this:
>
>--- hhart at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu wrote:
>
>A few questions and requests recently came in.  I
>figure this is as good a place as any to find resident
>experts and advice!
>
>Is anyone here knowledgeable about various modes
>of transportation that could evaluate the pros and
>cons between hybrids and motorcycles?

Ummm... I've never driven a hybrid, but from the specs and what
I remember from the years I had a motorized two wheeler:

Motocycles are much worse in winter weather.

Motorcycles have much less energy involved with manufacturing.

Motorcycles I remember need more maintanance than cars in general.

Motorcycles are much easier to park.

Hybrids have much better range on a tank of gas.

Hybrids can carry much more stuff.

Motorcycle insurance is much cheaper than car insurance.

--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org