[Sosfbay-discuss] Note to SC County delegates re Liaison to Secretary of State

Larry Cafiero / Liaison larrycafiero_liaison at earthlink.net
Fri May 25 14:59:09 PDT 2007

To Santa Clara delegates to the San Francisco plenary:

Because the Coordinating Committee has faltered in its responsibility to pick a new Liaison to the Secretary of State for your approval at the plenary, more than one candidate stands for  Liaison to the Secretary of State's office.

This office, which in the eyes of the state is the equivalent of the state party chair and is essentially the "face of the Green Party" to the state of  California, must be filled by a person with both an unwavering commitment to party building as well as an unequivocal commitment to focus first and foremost on state party issues.

As current Liaison to the Secretary of State, I find Jane Rands to be both able and qualified to fill the responsibilities of Liaison to the  Secretary of State for the Green Party of California.

I acknowledge the significant amount of work that Cat Woods has done -- and continues to do -- on behalf of the Green Party of  California and the Green Party of the United States. However, I am not convinced that she would be able to maintain the current work load she has chosen to accept on behalf of the party while providing the necessary attention required to effectively carry out the duties of the Liaison to the Secretary of State for the GPCA.

Jane Rands has exhibited a willingness and desire to serve the party as Liaison to the Secretary of State. Further, she is unaffected by much of the intra-party squabbles that have served as an anchor to weigh down party progress. She has also shown a significant degree of understanding of the state political workings that qualifies her for the position.

Please select Jane Rands to be the next Liaison to the Secretary of State.

Larry Cafiero
Liaison to the Secretary of State (2005-2007)
Green Party of California

end