[Sosfbay-discuss] Iraq Vote: What Happened

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 16:26:23 PDT 2007

House YEAS    218
Eshoo, Lantos, Honda, Lofgren, Matsui, Woolsey,
Conyers, Rangel, Wexler, Murtha, voted AYE.

Senate:
Feinstein, Biden voted AYE.

House NAYS    201
McNerney, Ron Paul, Kucinich, (Sensenbrenner &
Hastert!) voted NAY.

Senate:
Boxer, Kerry, Clinton, Obama voted NAY.

At least in the house, if our own CA contingent
(including our own representatives) had voted against
this thing it wouldn't have passed!

The Senate wasn't close.  80-14 with 38 Democrats (the
majority of the party) voting yes.  But any single
senator could have filibustered and none chose to.

Impeach for Peace!

Drew

--- Gerry Gras <gerrygras at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Understanding what the Ds did on the vote is
> apparently not simple.  Something about the vote is
in the rule.
> I haven't time to figure it out now.  But apparently
> the answer might be in here:
>

> http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/05/25/1447/
>
> and here:
>
>      http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2007/roll418.xml
>
> Note: McNerney voted with Kucinich.
>
> Gerry

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC