[Sosfbay-discuss] SJSU Environmental Club gardening opportunity on Sunday

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Sat May 26 00:29:06 PDT 2007

This from the SJSU Environmental Club:

Hey everyone!

The Veggielution! Student Garden Cooperative is a
group of students who want to grow our own food. Right
now we have 2 beautiful gardens that are growing in
nicely. All summer we will be harvesting and eating
tomatoes, zucchini, squash, peppers, corn, beans,
squash, apples, salad, peas, melons, and much more. We
will be cooking together, gardening together, and just
having a great time.

Where are these gardens? There are several homeowners
near campus that have invited us to garden in their
backyards. We have one garden on 14th st, and one on
17th st. They are within walking or biking distance
from campus. We can help you start your own garden, or
you can help out with the existing ones. You can be as
involved as you want to be. Even if you can just help
out a little bit, it helps a lot!

This Sunday afternoon at 4:30 we will be gathering to
get some big jobs done, like digging out some invasive
trees and installing a drip irrigation system. This is
a great chance for you to see the gardens and just
check things out. Please email or call me if you want
to go or if you have any questions.

We have a google group here: http://groups.
google.com/ group/sjsu- veggielution

Have a great summer!

-Amie

amiefrisch at gmail. com

(408) 887-2562

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC