[Sosfbay-discuss] Civil Rights Conference

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Sat May 26 22:44:02 PDT 2007

Si, and Nativo Lopez (big latino organizer who
switched to the Green Party last year) invited us to
come (at the plenary today where I met him).  MAPA is
going to set up an office in our county soon and
Nativo is going to help us get really hooked up with
the Latino Community!!!  So I'm definitely going and
hoping that some others will join me there.

Si se puede!

Dreas

http://www.civilrightsforall.net/images/special/2007%20CVR%20summet%20flyer.pdf

> (You might have to replace the 3 "%20" with one
> space each.)
>
> 	-	-	-	-	-
>
> Title: Civil Rights in the Era of Economic
> Globalization
>
> The scheduet topics include:
>
> "Warrantless Domestic Surveilance; Immigrants
> Rights;
> Racial and Religious Discrimination; Curtailing
> Freedoms
> of Speech & Assembly; Economic Disparities; Due
> Process"
>

> Speakers include:
>
> Nativo Lopez,
> Eric Vickers (Civil Rights Attorney),
> Pete McCloskey,
> Mark Hinkle (Former Chair Libertarian Party of
> California),
> Evelyn Sanchez (Coordinator, Bay Area Immigrants
> Rights Coalition),
> Liz Figueroa (State Senator),
> Todd Chretien,
> Jo Chamberlain,
> Harry Scott (Executive Board, Hayward Demos
> Democratic Club),
> Renee Saucedo (Immigrants Rights Organizer,
> Activist),
> David Bacon (Journalist, Labor Expert),
> Agha Saeed (National Chair, American Muslim
> Taskforce
>      on Civil Rights and Elections)
>

> Price: $20 (Luch, Tea, and Snacks included)
>
> Date/Time: June 2, 10:00am (sharp) - 2:30pm
>
> Place: Chandni Restaurant's Banquet Hall
>      Mowry School Road, Balentine Plaza, Newark, CA
>      Exit I-88- Stevenson Blvd
>
> 	-	-	-	-	-
>
> Gerry

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC

____________________________________________________________________________________Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.