[Sosfbay-discuss] Fwd: Please forward to Greens in your county ASAP!: Please mail in your KPF...

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Thu Nov 1 15:47:39 PDT 2007

In a message dated 10/29/2007 10:35:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
gregjan4 at yahoo.com writes:

Dear Greens,

Thanks for forwarding our previous message about the KPFA Local Station
Board (LSB) elections.  The elections will soon be ending, and we now  want to
make sure that all Green Party KPFA members do remember to vote on  time, so we'd
appreciate it if you could send the follow-up message below  to your county
Green Party listserves and e-mail lists as soon as  possible!

As before, please get back to me by email of by phone (510-444-7336) to
confirm that you have received this message, or if you have any  questions.  And
thanks again (in advance) for your help with  this!

 Sincerely,

                  Greg Jan
                  County Council member,
                  Green Party of Alameda County

[[ Subject line:
Please mail in your KPFA (LSB) Ballot -- Very  Soon!  ]]

Dear Greens,

The KPFA Local Station Board (LSB) elections will be ending soon --  ballots
must be received (not postmarked) by November 15!  We therefore  urge you to
mail in your ballot as soon as possible This Week, in order to be  sure that
your vote will count!  As we explained in our original message  (copied below),
this is a very important election for Greens, so please be  sure to vote --
soon!  Below, in addition to our original message, we  have also included a
message from highly-respected KPFA activist Carol  Spooner, which explains some of
the issues involved in the election (and whose  endorsements differ only
slightly from our own).

Endorsements from the Green Party of Alameda County:
* Rankings #1 through #6 (listed in alphabetical order, please choose  your
own order):
Steve Conley, Chandra Hauptman, Dave Heller, Attila Nagy, Tracy  Rosenberg,
and Joe Wanzala
* Rankings #7 through #12 (listed in alphabetical order, please choose  your
own order):

C C Campbell-Rock, Bob English, Richard Phelps, Mara Rivera, Gerald  Sanders,
Stan Woods

Thank you in advance for voting in the KPFA LSB election!,

The Green Party of Alameda County

[Our original message, "KPFA LSB Election Recommendations, from the Green
Party of Alameda County":]

Dear Greens,

The Green Party of Alameda County has made endorsements for the  month-long
KPFA Local Station Board (LSB) elections, which begins on October  15.  Because
this is an important election for Greens, and because many  of you are
members of KPFA, we are sending this message to you.

The LSB elections are important not only because the board members  oversee
the operations of KPFA, but also because four of the board members are  then
selected for the Pacifica National Board that oversees the operation of  the
entire Pacifica Network.

In this time when the corporations have taken over the two major  political
parties and the media, it is critical for the Greens to help  strengthen KPFA,
since the Greens and KPFA share several common goals, such as  promoting
progressive politics and the fact that neither of us takes corporate  money.

Because KPFA is one of the most important media resources for activists  in
Northern California, as Greens, we need to have people on the Board who  will
work with the staff to strengthen and grow the KPFA community and  encourage
KPFA to give the Green Party (and other third parties) the chance to  be heard.
We also need to have people on the Board who will help KPFA,  as a
non-commercial station, set an example of how an election should be  conducted without
requiring candidates to raise and spend large amounts of  money in order to
publicize their positions -- that is, KPFA should provide  ample airtime as well
as public forums for the candidates, so that listeners  can make informed
decisions about whom to vote for.

The Green Party of Alameda County recommends the election of the  following
six candidates.  (Note:  Chandra Haupman, Dave Heller and  Attila Nagy are
Green Party members).  The candidates below are listed in  alphabetical order.
Please rank them in whatever order you prefer, as  your top six choices:

- Steve Conley, former LSB member, and KPFA staffer
- Chandra  Hauptman, current LSB member, human activist
- Dave Heller, IRV  advocate
- Attila Nagy, current LSB member
- Tracy Rosenberg,  Programming Council, and last year's LSB election
supervisor
- Joe Wanzala-  current LSB member, good working contact with national board.

In addition to the above six candidates, the Green Party of Alameda  County
also endorses the following candidates.

- C C Campbell-Rock, Hurricane  Katrina survivor and Gulf Coast justice
activist
- Bob  English, KPFA Outreach Committee member
- Richard Phelps, current LSB  member, arbitration lawyer
- Mara Rivera, KPFA Outreach Committee  member
- Gerald Sanders, former LSB member
- Stan Woods, current LSB  member, Labor activist

Thank you for voting in this year's KPFA LSB elections!

The Green Party of Alameda County