[Sosfbay-discuss] Watching today's election results in SCCo and San Mateo

Jean Comfort jean_comfort at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 14:57:15 PST 2007

Tian asked:
BTW: Anybody know how Don Havis up in San Mateo County is doing?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
>From the San Mateo County TIMES 11/7/07, News page 8:

San Mateo Union High School District

Donald S.Havis  5539 votes,  17.7%

Don was 4th out of 4, (2 winners) but received more votes than the winner of
the San Mateo City Council race.

-Jean

Tian Harter <tnharter at aceweb.com> wrote:

eden wrote:
> On Nov 6, 2007 9:32 PM, Drew Johnson  wrote:
>> http://www.sccgov.org/elections/results/nov2007/
>>
>> Green, Tim Gray in Palo Alto is currently coming in 8th place (top 4 win)
>
>    Umm... is there a reason why i never knew he was Green? I didn't
> vote for him because his statements led me to believe there were
> better candidates. The headline on a Palo Alto Daily editorial was
> something like "You get a choice for Palo Alto City Council, but
> they're all male and pro-business". I understand that City Council is
> a non-partisan position, but knowing he was Green might have at least
> made me look twice at voting for him.

Dana St. George and Gerry Gras met with him on our behalf. After the
meeting Dana's comment was something along the lines "I had total
culture clash with him." I read several articles about the race and
nothing I saw made me want to insert my Mountain View based efforts
into the race on his behalf.

If Debbie Mytels had wanted help with her campaign, I would have walked
at least four or five precincts for her. This was the first fall I
didn't help ANY candidates in many years. I was jonesing to get out
there, but nobody wanted my help that I wanted to help.

BTW: Anybody know how Don Havis up in San Mateo County is doing?
--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org

Jean Comfort