[Sosfbay-discuss] I'm very confused...

Edward the_alliance47 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 18:42:51 PST 2007

After December 2008, troops left behind in Iraq should be restricted to a narrow set of missions, namely counterterrorism, training Iraqi security forces and protecting U.S. assets, Pelosi said.

My question is, isn't that what they are already doing? Is there anything else that our troops are doing in Iraq that does not fall under the objectives above?

Also in regards to Gen. Musharraf, President Bush said, "You can't be the president and the head of the military at the same time." If this is true, what does "Commander-in-Chief" mean?

There are those who may argue that Pakistan has a tendency in the recent past to succumb to military dictatorships. However, in a boundary-less War on Terror coupled with the Congressional approval of the suspension of the Posse Commitus Act, there is nothing preventing the current (or future) president from legally instating martial law.

http://mail.yahoo.com