[Sosfbay-discuss] New progressive 3rd party and the Greens place in multiparty democracy

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Tue Nov 13 09:44:25 PST 2007

While I don't feel certain of the details such as who, and when, as I've
been saying this year I do feel certain that a new progressive 3rd party
is likely to arise (one with lower standards than we Greens promote with
our 10KV).  The energy is there for it and people like Sheehan and
Kucinich and other progressive Dems are likely adherents.  While on one
level I feel disappointment that we Greens haven't been ready to fully
take advantage of the moment and be that party, I continue to think that
in the long run we can turn the upcoming new multiparty landscape to our
advantage to the extent we can live out our 10KV.

And of course impeachment is late but not 'too late, nor is it 'too
little'.  True we can not save the hundreds of thousands of lives already
lost or trillions flushed down the war toilet, but any life saved and
resource redirected to peace is worth the effort of our struggle.  Greens
have including our newly minted Green Cynthia McKinney have been in the
forefront of the impeachment movement all along and the investment in real
leadership we've accomplished will stand us in good stead as we make
impeachment happen and come into our own power in the new multiparty
landscape.

Green is Core!

Drew Johnson
GPCA