[Sosfbay-discuss] First Green Congressional Campaign Committee election coming soon

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Wed Nov 21 10:36:28 PST 2007

Subject: [usgp-nc] First Green Congressional Campaign Committee election
coming soon
From:    "brent white" <brent_white at hotmail.com>
Date:    Wed, November 21, 2007 05:18
To:      natlcomvotes at green.gpus.org

Hi all,

Just so you know, the Green Senatorial Campaign Committee has sent the
Steering Committee a call for nominations for and election of the first
Green Congressional Campaign Committee.  I don't know what timeline, if
any, that the SC has set, but that election will either be simultaneous
with, or will shortly follow, the election of the Coordinated Campaign
Committee.

The GSCC and GCCC, as their names suggest, focus on federal races.  The
Coordinated Campaign Committee, from my experience on that body, focuses
on small, local races.

The GSCC and CCC are both places where work gets done, in a very collegial
manner.  They are also both intricately involved in fundraising aspects of
the party.  The GSCC raises its own money, and the GCCC will do likewise.
An important element of the CCC's work is building new fundraising lists
for GPUS.  I can't vouch for the collegiality of the GCCC, since it hasn't
been elected yet.

Sorry for any confusion between the two acronyms:  CCC for Coordinated
Campaign Committee and GCCC for Green Congressional Campaign Committee.

If you are considering running for the GCCC, please let me know, and I can
provide you more details.

--Brent White
Secretary, GSCC

For other information about the Coordinating Committee, see:
http://gp.org/committees/nc/