[Sosfbay-discuss] 2nd Impeachment Demonstration at Rep. Lofgren's office this Wed. 11/28

Merriam Kathaleen mkmusic at greens.org
Tue Nov 27 04:01:41 PST 2007

/Hi All,
//This is the 2nd week of our ongoing weekly Impeachment demonstration
at Lofgren's district office.  This week we will be at Lofgren's office
on Wed.11/28 from 3:00pm - 5:00pm.  We have all the signs we just need
all of you to be there to hold up the signs to uphold our Constitution
and to show Lofgren YES, CHENEY HAS COMMITTED IMPEACHABLE CRIMES!!!

As a member of the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. Zoe Lofgren is key to
initiating impeachment proceedings against Cheney.  This "KEY" is in our
own backyard and we must demand that she honor her oath of office and
urge the Judiciary Committee to start proceedings.  (On Nov. 6 Dennis
Kucinich's H. Res. 333: Impeaching Dick Cheney for high crimes and
misdemeanors, was sent to the House Judiciary Committee)

TELL LOFGREN WE DEMAND SHE INSISTS THE HOUSE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE BEGINS
IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS IMMEDIATELY!!!  Wed. 11/28 3-5pm 635 N. 1st St.,
San Jose (across from the IHOP restaurant/Light Rail stop is corner of
Jackson St on 1st St.)

Please let me know if you can be there.

Thanks,
Merriam
mkmusic03 at aol.com
408-482-6032 (Cell)/

P.S. The following is a report on our first demonstration at Lofgren's
office last Mon. 11/19.

We had 17 - 22 demonstrators throughout our 3-hr action at Lofgren's
office last Monday, 11/19.  Our demonstration was a coalition of people
from several groups.  Joe Cernac was there representing Veterans For
Peace with their huge wooden sign.  Carol Brouillet with Community
Currency and Northern California 911 Truth Alliance was there with her
"Impeach The Terrorists" banner and her sound system.  The Green Party
of Santa Clara County was represented by Drew Johnson, Brian Good, Carol
Brouillet and myself.  Lois, a friend of Carol's, was from WILPF.
Constituents of Lofgren were there, concerned citizens non-constituents
were there and our Silicon Valley Impeachment Coalition team was there.
Our large group presented an impressive presence in front of Lofgren's
office building.  Our 10' IMPEACH banner was hung between two trees.  We
received  a very positive response from the cars driving by as well as
from people walking by us.  People walking by stopped to talk about
impeaching Dick Cheney.  One man came across the street from the IHOP
restaurant to take pictures and talk with us about the need for
impeaching Dick Cheney.

Some of Lofgren's staff came out to talk to us as we were setting up the
demonstration.  They were very cordial, introduced themselves and told
us that their office was open to us if we needed anything such as
drinks, restroom etc.  Though they were very pleasant and gracious in
offering the use of their office facilities, the one item we most
desired, LOFGREN INSISTING THE HOUSE JUDICIARY BEGIN IMPEACHMENT
PROCEEDINGS, was not offered to us.  Therefore WE WILL BE BACK!!!!.  We
are going to demonstrate in front of Lofgren's office every week.

Please check out our Silicon Valley Impeachment Coalition website,
svimpeach.org for pictures of our demonstration.

Merriam