[Sosfbay-discuss] mp3 of this AM's McKinney - Aimee Alison interview

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Fri Oct 5 11:52:56 PDT 2007

Note: The interviewer Aimee Allison is a Green who ran a strong race for
Oakland City Council in 2006 and recently launched a book about Counter
Recruiting, "Army of None".  See http://www.aimeeallison.org/

For more on the SF Bay area tour and opportunities to see/hear McKinney
see http://www.RunCynthiaRun.com

BTW, yesterday the Santa Clara Greens held a fundraiser with her and
raised $1200 towards the goal to raise $5,000 toward Cynthia’s campaign,
the trigger for filing her candidacy with the FEC.

* mp3 of this morning's McKinney interview:
http://www.kpfa.org/archives/index.php?arch=22613
Move forward to about 4/5s -- 8:30 for the Cynthia McKinney interview by
Aimee Alison.

Summary of Interview:
McKinney talks about how she's torn between public service as a Green
Party candidate for President v her personal goal to finish her PhD at
Berkeley.

She speaks positively of Kucinich, but points to flaws of the two party
system and need to fundamentally change the political structure of America
so we can vote our values.  Labels Democrats as 'complicit' and 'aiding
and abetting' 'war crimes' (yes she called a spade a spade and literally
used the term 'war crimes').

With the first caller McKinney deftly refutes what she calls the 'urban
myth' of the spoiler effect and puts the 2000 stolen election right back
on the theft of the Republicans and Gore's compliance by not standing up
for the voter's choice.  Yes she literally uses the term 'stolen
election'.

McKinney speaks of needing to end this 'endless war' of the 'war party and
the money party' v 'the People's Party' that we need to build of a
progressive coalition.  Clear a path to progressive values in American
government and policy.

Allison asks if Green Party is the way to go:  McKinney points out the
dedicated and pioneering efforts of the Green Party for ballot access in
repressive Georgia and across the country.

McKinney closes by saying it would be wonderful if she dindn't have to
chose between getting her PhD and running for office and that maybe for
the time being she'll try her best to do both and appreciations for the
callers and Allison's interview.

--
JamBoi
http://www.greencommons.org/blog/63