[Sosfbay-discuss] Test and ISP problem(s)

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 18 12:40:47 PDT 2007

Earlier today, I was unable to send email.  It was due
to a change at my ISP, Earthlink.

According to a pop up window, Earthlink has changed its
outgoing SMTP (for outgoing mail) due to increased spam.
I guess that means that they are trying to reduce spam
coming from their customers.  Anyways I changed my account
settings accordingly and was then able to send my email.

Except that Comcast blocked my very first email from
getting to one of its subscribers.  That is probably a
coincidence, but maybe not.

Anyways, this is a test to see if this email is blocked
from getting to any of the list subscribers.  Although
I guess if it is blocked, I don't know if I will get an
email, the list manager will get an email, or no error
emails.  Anyways, this is a test.

Gerry